YouTube is a brilliant space for personal use such as discovering things and sharing videos. But it doesn't support saving videos/audio for offline enjoyment unless you are a Premium subscriber.
iTunes, now called Music in macOS Catalina or later, is one of the best media players. It's closely tied to the world's largest music store and brings much convenience to you. But it only accepts a few input formats.
If you wish to convert YouTube to iTunes library, you have to download YouTube videos first and then convert them to the formats supported by iTunes. Follow the guides below to pick out the best YouTube to iTunes converter for Mac and Windows.
Cisdem Video Converter
Download & Convert Music from YouTube to iTunes
- Download videos/songs from YouTube and other 1000+ sites
- Support downloading entire playlists or artist channels
- Convert YouTube to MP3, MOV, MP4, M4V, AAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, WAV, etc.
- Convert YouTube to optimized presets for iTunes, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, etc.
- Batch download and convert YouTube videos
- One-click to rip personal or encrypted DVDs
- Offer senior editing tools for cropping, adding watermark & 3D effects, etc.
- 4K UHD, Full HD support
- Keep video and audio in high quality
- Easy to use with just a few steps
- Super fast downloading and conversion speed with the acceleration engine
- Available for Mac and Windows OS
Free DownloadFree Download
Convert YouTube to iTunes? Why Do It?
- Videos from YouTube converted to iTunes will be well managed.
- You need to pay money for your favorite songs, TV shows, movies, etc. in iTunes while YouTube costs free. Thus converting YouTube to iTunes is better.
- iTunes can assist you to transfer its videos/ audios to iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, Windows, etc. directly. But YouTube can’t do that.
- YouTube doesn’t allow you to watch videos offline while iTunes does.
- If you convert YouTube videos to iTunes, you will never worry about your preferred videos are deleted by uploaders.
- Of course, iTunes has its special features as well, like CD burning, Library sharing, artwork printing, sound processing and so on.
iTunes Compatible Formats
Generally, iTunes supports MP4, MOV, and M4V video formats. Also, it supports any audio format that can be opened by QuickTime, protected AAC rented or purchased from the iTunes store, and audiobooks downloaded from audible.com.
Video format for iTunes
|MP4||MPEG-4, H.264, AAC|
|MOV||DV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, AIC|
If you having trouble transferring YouTube to iTunes in MP4, MOV, or M4V format, the video container may wrap a codec that is not compatible with iTunes. For example, MP4 can be encoded with H.265, H.264, MPEG-4, Xvid, H.263, AAC, AC3, etc. But iTunes merely accepts MP4 using MPEG-4 or H.264 video codec and AAC audio codec. Meanwhile, only authorized computers and Apple devices can upload FairPlay copy-protected M4V files.
Audio format for iTunes
|AAC (M4A, M4B, M4P)||Up to 529 kbps|
|Apple Lossless||1411 kbps|
|Standard MP3||Up to 320 kbps|
|MP3 Variable Bit Rate||Usually 128 kbps or, sometimes 160 or 192 kbps|
|AA (audible.com spoken word, formats 2, 3, and 4)||8 to 32 kbps|
In the past, iTunes is capable of working with Ogg/Vorbis files by installing XiphQT components. But unfortunately, XiphQT has been discontinued since 2016.
You can convert DRM-free WAV files to other supported formats on Windows version. However, playing DRM-free WAV straightway and transcoding DRM protected WMA on iTunes is impossible.
The best format for iTunes
|Video format||Audio format|
|Best in quality||MOV||Apple Lossless|
|Best in compatibility||M4V (best for Apple devices), MP4 (best for cross-platform)||MP3|
Better quality also means the video or audio has a larger size. WAV, AIFF, and ALAC are uncompressed audio files. ALAC was chosen because it typically takes 40% to 60% less space than WAV or AIFF files.
Top 8 Best YouTube to iTunes Converters
- 1. Cisdem Video Converter (editor's choice)
- 2. Freemake Video Downloader
- 3. ClipGrab
- 4. Convert2mp3.net
- 5. YouTubeConvert.cc
- 6. Downvids.net
- 7. 2conv.com
- 8. Media.io Video Converter
1. Cisdem Video Converter
Among the plethora of YouTube to iTunes converter for Mac and Windows available, Cisdem Video Converter may be the best one in its category. It downloads YouTube music/videos to iTunes with ease and satisfaction of the users. It also provides you with a completely 100% safe and reliable environment to download online videos from Vimeo, Twitter, Dailymotion, Tiktok, etc.
Compared to online YouTube converter to iTunes, this professional software has an intuitive interface that is equipped with an array of features for video editing, merging, compressing, etc. Besides, online YouTube to iTunes converters usually have strict limits on file size and the conversion speed is slow. In contrast, Cisdem Video Converter allows you to convert videos of any size at super fast speed.
Free DownloadFree Download
Steps on How to Convert YouTube to iTunes on Mac or Windows:
Step 1. Launch the Software
Download, install and launch the best YouTube to iTunes converter to your computer. It will bring you to the convert interface by default.
Step 2. Copy URL of YouTube Video
Visit youtube.com. Open a video you need to download, and then copy its link.
Step 3. Download YouTube Music/Videos
Go back to the interface of the Cisdem Video Converter. Click on the topside panel and then paste the copied URL to the download box at the bottom. It spends little time to download YouTube video.
You can download multiple YouTube videos at the same time by clicking "File > Imput URLs..." at the top main menu.
Step 4. Select an Output Format
After the download completes, click the to open the folder in which your downloaded YouTube videos are stored.
To choose your favorite iTunes format, switch to the 1st interface and drag the videos into it. Click the format icon to choose optimized preset from the “Apple Software” category, you will see the “iTunes” option. Click it and select an output format.
Step 5. Convert YouTube to iTunes
Click the in the bottom right corner to convert YouTube songs/movies to iTunes supported format.
Step 6. Transfer YouTube videos or songs to iTunes
Now, open iTunes on your computer, click “File > Add to Library” at the top menu to transfer the just converted videos to iTunes.
- Merge video files into one
- Supports most popular video sites
- Supports a massive amount of input/output file formats
- Rip DVD to YouTube, iPhone and any format
- Not available on old operating systems
2. Freemake Video Downloader
Freemake Video Downloader is a great tool, which supports a wide range of websites to grab videos from YouTube, Twitch, LiveLeak, Vimeo, Facebook, Wistia, Vevo, Dailymotion, Break, etc. You can download music, playlist, channels in MP4, WebM, 3GP, FLV, PSP, MP3, Android, etc., let alone YouTube to iTunes.
However, you should figure it out that the current version of Freemake Video Downloader is only available on Windows. Plus, it is not a completely free program that allows you to convert YouTube video to iTunes for free only once, and the free converted video has watermarks. You can choose to pay for the clear video. But, if your budget is limited, you can look for a totally free YouTube to iTunes converter.
- Install and run Freemake Video Downloader on your Windows computer.
- Copy a YouTube link to clipboard.
- Click the shiny blue “Paste URL” button and the software will detect the video automatically.
- Open the format dialog and choose the output format that iTunes supports.
- Download videos to the path that you selected.
- Built on simple & fluid interface
- Converts to common video file types
- Simple copy/paste mechanism
- Not really free, the free one has watermarks
- The conversion speed needs to be improved
- Might get into trouble when multiple downloads are initiated simultaneously
Next in line is ClipGrab, a tool which can handle not just YouTube downloads, but also a good deal of other sites, like Dailymotion, Clipfish, Collegehumor, Sevenload, Tudou MyVideo, MySpass, and Vimeo. It can also convert YouTube videos to WMV, MP3, MPEG4, OGG, VMW, M4V, FLV. This YouTube to iTunes converter for Mac/PC is not so well as the previous two, but it supports multiple platforms.
- Install ClipGrab and copy YouTube link.
- Insert the video link in ClipGrab.
- Select iTunes format and quality.
- Download YouTube videos to iTunes.
- Simple to use and fast downloads
- Available on multiple platforms
- Output formats are limited
- The support for 4K videos is unknown
- Need to restore the laptop to get rid of the virus
Flvto.biz will take any YouTube videos to MP4, AVI, and MP3. This online YouTube to iTunes converter for Mac and PC is open-and-shut, new users can master it in seconds. It claims to be able to convert Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, Spotify, etc. to MP3. But in fact, it’s a false advertisement. The added link will be invalid.
- Search for a YouTube video. Copy its link.
- Visit flvto.biz. Paste the link to the video in the blank box.
- Select the format that iTunes supports.
- Press the “CONVERT TO” button.
- Switch to heaps of languages
- Download YouTube music to iTunes HD format
- Browser versatility
- Only support YouTube.com
- Can’t download & convert videos in bulk
- Too much advertising clutter on the page
YouTubeConvert.cc is a YouTube to iTunes converter free online, which lets you download and convert YouTube videos to MP4, AVI, OGG, MP3, WAV, and more. The website has been revamped this year. There are no more output quality options, but the format has increased.
- Go to the site. Paste the video link into the box.
- Click the “Start” button.
- Choose an iTunes format.
- Click “Done” and download the video.
- Convert videos to various formats including iTunes
- No viral ads
- Can merely grab YouTube videos
- Unable to save music and copyrighted content
- Sometimes error occurs when processing video
To convert YouTube songs to iTunes, Downvids.net should be on the list. It can download YouTube videos, channels and playlist. This best YouTube to iTunes converter free online also works with several other platforms including Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and private Facebook videos.
- Open downvids.net. Paste the video’s URL in the box.
- Pick a file type and video quality.
- Hit the “DOWNLOAD” button.
- A new box will show up underneath, and now you can click the “Download this Video” button.
- Capable of grabbing entire YouTube playlist
- Offer trending on Downvids.net
- Support 1080P HD videos
- Untidy ads on the site may mislead you into downloading trashy programs or virus
- Only work with YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
2conv.com is another popular YouTube downloader that is designed to grab link in MP3, MP4, MP4 HD, AVI, and AVI HD. But output HD videos require more storage in device memory. The process for initiating downloads is quite simple. As same as other online YouTube to iTunes converters, you need to:
- Copy the YouTube link from the browser.
- Paste it into the input filed of 2conv.com.
- Select a video or audio format for iTunes.
- Start the conversion.
Be sure not to click the “DOWNLOAD CONVERTER” button. It will lead you to download a piece of useless software.
- 5 different languages available
- Work on all major browsers
- A fairly slow bandwidth limit for conversions
- Can’t edit YouTube videos or batch download them
8. Media.io Video Converter
Media.io is also an excellent online YouTube to iTunes converter that can download YouTube to plenty of video and audio formats such as MP4, WOV, MKV, MP3, etc. Unlike other online YouTube to iTunes converter, it allows you to edit the file quality including video/audio encoder, resolution, frame rate and bitrate. All in all, it can safely provide high-quality videos without ads for you.
However, it only supports converting files under 100 MB for free. In my experience, it wasn't a pleasant experience, as it took about ten minutes to convert a 38 MB file. Of course, this could also be caused by my poor internet connection.
- Head to the official web page of Media.io on your browser.
- Click the red YouTube icon to paste your copied video URL into the new blank box, and click “Add”.
- Select an iTunes supported format as the output format, and click the gear icon to edit the details setting of the video.
- Finally, click the purple “CONVERT” button at the bottom to start convert YouTube to iTunes online.
- Support a large number of digital formats
- Provide videos in high quality up to 4096*2160 resolution
- Support batch downloading and conversion
- Easy to use with the simple interface
- Have size limited
- Only 2 tasks can be converted for free at a time
- Need powerful internet connection support
Comparison of the Best YouTube to iTunes Converters
|Cisdem Video Converter||1000+||√||300+|
|Freemake Video Downloader||1000+||×||20+|
|Media.io video converter||Work with Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox||×||1000+|
And the List Goes On…
We’ve covered the 8 best YouTube to iTunes converter for Mac, Windows, and online here. Some of them can convert YouTube to iTunes for free. They're all different in terms of function, performance, and technology applied.
Although our list is far from exhaustive, at the very least, I hope you’re now clutching the converter you desired all along. As for me, I will keep holding Cisdem Video Converter. Its user-friendliness, power, versatility, and excellent customer support make it the user's first choice.
Know of other more easy-to-use YouTube to iTunes converters? Know of a special option we missed? Share in the comments!